I love breakfast but recently I have been eating the same thing; fried egg and whole wheat English muffin with a little butter and organic jam. It’s not a terrible breakfast but I felt like I needed a healthier option.
After doing some research, I decided on egg and avocado on wasa crispbread. This breakfast is healthy, filling and can be super versatile because I can add different toppings and keep it fresh every day. For the base I use these ingredients:
1 piece Wasa crispbread
Pinch of pumpkin seeds
1 sprinkle each cayenne pepper, turmeric and Hymalayian pink salt
Pinch of black sesame seeds
- Make egg how you like it, I like mine fried over-easy but you can do scrambled, poached, sunny-side up, etc…
- Cut avocado in half and use a knife to smash it up.
- Spread avocado onto Wasa and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds, cayenne, turmeric and pink salt.
- Place egg on top and sprinkle with black sesame seeds
- Add any other healthy toppings you would like. Today I added tomatoes, fresh basil and a few drops of hot sauce. You can get really creative here by adding so many different options; black beans, salsa, corn, green onions, etc.
calories: approx. 336
I also made a fruit and yogurt mini jarfait (haha, get it? It’s a parfait in a tiny jar).
This was the perfect sweet little addition to my savoury breakfast.
calories: approx. 73
My new breakfast is well rounded, has healthy fats, keeps me full and energized, and most importantly-makes me happy 🙂
What is your favorite healthy breakfast? Please comment below…